Saturday, April 12, 2014

Who Is Ready For A SpaceUp in St. Louis!

I am so excited about all the great things that are on the move in the Space Industry as a whole. In my last post on LinkedIn I posted the announcement of  XCOR Aerospace new test pilot.


SPACEUP SAINT LOUIS
Ill let you in on a little secrete, Well last week TBA but SpaceUp Saint Louis is making plans on hosting the first SpaceUp un-confrence here in Saint Louis. 

For those of you who are not familiar with the SpaceUp un-conferences, they have become very popular lately all around the globe.



SpaceUp Atlanta
Place like Europe, Saudi Arabia, and North America, These un-confrences have been creating a big buzz in the bar-camp scenes. I myself have never attended a SpaceUp but I am on the organizing committee for SpaceUp Saint Louis.


 

So what is a un-confrence?

 I get this a lot from people when I mention un-confrence, basically it's not a conference. Well not it the way you will traditionally think. This is how SpaceUp.org defined it.


SpaceUp is a space unconference, where participants decide the topics, schedule, and structure of the event. Unconferences have been held about technology, science, transit, and even cupcakes, but this is the first one focused on space exploration.




What I like most about what I have researched is that they have these five minute T minus 5 talks, similar to the ignite format. The speakers get 5 minutes to talk, with 20 different slides, that they don't control. That has to be fun & interesting.


So when is the event?

It hasn't been officially announce but SpaceUp Saint Louis does have a Facebook page up so go there like them and follow there feeds its soon TBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment